Yorkshire Haloum! Asparagus Appetisers
36 small asparagus spears
1 block Yorkshire Dama haloum! cheese, traditional flavour is best for this recipe
1 bunch chives
12 mint leaves
1 lime (cut into 12 wedges)
Olive oil spray
1. Set a griddle pan over high heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
2. Snap asparagus stalks to get rid of woody ends.
3. Add asparagus to the pan and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until nicely charred. Set aside.
4. Slice up Yorkshire Dama haloum! cheese into small rectangle pieces.
5. Return the pan to medium heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
6. Add Yorkshire Dama haloum! slices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown.
7. To assemble, add a mint leaf to each piece of Yorkshire Dama haloum!, then place on top of 3 asparagus spears. Gently tie the parcels together with “ribbons” of chives.8. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
Suitable for vegetarians