How to make squeaky cheese stuffed mushrooms
Yorkshire Dama Cheese makes a great topping for any vegetarian dish, its salty taste and squeaky texture compliments a variety of vegetables. When it comes to looking for halloumi recipes which are both healthy and tasty, stuffed portobello mushrooms are the perfect summer food!
Why you should add mushrooms to your summer dinner
There are many nutritional benefits of eating mushrooms in your daily diet, from their selenium content to help support the immune system to their high levels of fibre.
However, one thing that we are all searching for during the typically rainy British summers, is vitamin D. Vitamin D helps to regulate the amount of calcium in your body to ensure that your bones, teeth and muscles remain healthy. Interestingly, mushrooms can convert sunlight and uv rays into vitamin D, and when grilled these health benefits can be increased.
1. Start by preheating the grill to a medium heat
2. Prepare the squeaky cheese and red pepper by cutting into small cubes, put into a bowl and mix with the garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, spring onions and chilli flakes
3. Brush the portobello mushrooms with the oil, season with salt and pepper then grill for 5 mins with the skin side down
4. Place the cheese mixture on top of the mushroom and grill for a further 5 minutes
5. When the squeaky cheese becomes a golden brown colour it is ready to serve
6. Accompany with a summer salad for a light meal
Which is your favourite flavour? Let us know at @yorkshiredamacheese on Facebook and Instagram