Grilled squeaky cheese recipe
With warm temperatures and sunny days as the forecast for the upcoming bank holiday weekend, take this opportunity to dust off the barbecue and cook up a spring meal to share under the sun with loved ones.
This springtime Yorkshire Dama Cheese recipe is inspired by vegetarian Italian starters. The combination of grilled seasonal vegetables, Mediterranean seasoning with our delicious squeaky cheese is the perfect starter for all.
2 aubergines, cut into 1cm thick slices
2 large tomatoes, cut into slices
2 courgettes, cut into 1cm thick slices
drizzle of olive oil
Pesto for taste
salt and pepper
1. Prepare the main ingredients, including the squeaky cheese and vegetables, by cutting into the required size, try to make sure they are equal in size
2. Heat the barbecue or grill pan on a medium heat
3. In a bowl mix the courgette and aubergine with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper until all covered
4. Cook the vegetables until they are tender and appear charred
5. Add the tomatoes and sliced squeaky cheese to the grill until cooked through
6. Serve the ingredients in a pile formation
7. Drizzle a little bit of pesto over the top as well as olive oil and fresh herbs such as basil to achieve the perfect Italian flavours!