Make your breakfast sweet with our ricotta cheese recipe
With the world being at home more than ever before, we now have those extra moments in the morning to dedicate to cooking up a delicious and delectable breakfast. If you are lacking in inspiration of what to eat for breakfast we have the perfect ideas for you - using our creamy ricotta cheese!
Ricotta cheese for breakfast?
Many ricotta recipes are very versatile as this cheese product can be used for both savoury and sweet dishes. In comparison to other cheeses, ricotta is fairly healthy as it contains less fat and salt; giving it’s sweeter flavour and light texture and making it a perfect ingredient for a range of breakfast ideas.
As breakfast is considered, by health experts, as the most important meal of the day, it is advised to take more care into what you eat and to avoid skipping breakfast. An easy way to do this is by having a go to recipe that is easy to cook, balanced in protein, vitamins and calcium and can be fun to make for all the family!
Yorkshire Dama Cheese perfect pancake toppings
Pancakes are ideal breakfast foods as they require few ingredients, can be made in minutes and provide a great source of energy to set you up for the rest of the day.
We have created the perfect fluffy pancake recipe which can feed up to four people.
135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp of caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp of butter, melted
Honey, fresh fruit or jam
1. Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together
2. In a separate bowl gently whisk butter, egg and milk then add all ingredients together
3. Carefully beat together until a smooth batter is formed
4. Start to heat up a frying pan on a medium temperature and add a small knob of butter to the pan, when melted the batter is ready to cook
5. Pour in one ladle of batter at a time, when the top side begins to bubble it is ready to be flipped. When both sides are golden in colour they are ready to be served.
6. Top your pancakes with our creamy ricotta cheese and add honey, jam or fresh fruit for a sweet morning treat!